05/27/2020 – PRESS RELEASE – SPIRIT AIRLINES TO BEGIN SEASONAL MYRTLE BEACH (MYR) FLIGHTS FROM YEAGER AIRPORT IN JULY
COVID-19 – ACI-NA Passenger Expectation Survey
The skies have missed you. They are eagerly awaiting your return. When you decide to jet again is, of course, up to you. However, states across the country are starting to ease COVID-19 restrictions, and Yeager Airport is hard at work putting plans in place to keep you safe and comfortable when you walk through our doors.
Yeager Airport, in partnership with Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) along with hundreds of other member airports, is busy planning to welcome you back to travel. Our staff has been on weekly strategy calls since the beginning of the pandemic. ACI-NA has put together a passenger survey to assist airports in planning for post-COVID-19 travel.
We are asking all of our passengers, former, current, and future, to take this short survey (Available Here). We want you to feel comfortable coming to CRW. Your answers ensure that we can provide for you a safe and comfortable experience at Yeager Airport.
Thank you in advance for your time and answers! Stay safe, and #FlyCRW.
The Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) is the voice of North American airports, representing local, regional and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. ACI-NA is the largest of the five worldwide regions of the Airports Council International (ACI). Our members represent more than 300 airports operating in the United States and Canada and nearly 400 aviation-related businesses. More at https://airportscouncil.org/.
CRW TIPS: How to Practice Social Distancing While Traveling
During this unprecedented time, we understand, for some, not traveling is not an option. CRW staff is cleaning and disinfecting the terminal around the clock. Yeager Airport is going to remain open for those who must travel. Here are some tips the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends to stay healthy while traveling.
1. Social Distancing: Stay at least six feet away from other people. Yeager Airport has three different gate areas in the terminal, with a number of seats at each gate.
- If you order food from the post-security restaurant, please eat at one of the seating areas throughout the terminal.
2. Practice good hygiene:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues and disinfecting wipes in the trash.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. We have put additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal.
3. You can bring the following items through TSA
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Face Masks
- You may ask your TSA officer to change gloves
4. Wipe it down: Our staff is working around the clock to clean and disinfect the terminal, with heavy attention being paid to high touch point areas, including doors, doorknobs, armrests, the TSA checkpoint, etc. However, using your own disinfecting wipes before using a chair, or opening a door is still good practice.
5. Clean your devices: Cell phones, iPads, and other electronic devices carry all kinds of germs. Wipe your devices down multiple times while traveling. They can also be placed in plastic bags at the TSA checkpoint.
6. Avoid contact with those who are sick: Airplanes have high efficiency (HEPA) filters that trap harmful particles. The CDC has said airplanes are low risk for contracting COVID-19; however, you should keep as far away from other passengers as possible.
If you have any questions about your flights, please contact your airline:
American Airlines: 800-433-7300
Delta Airlines: 800-455-2720
United Airlines: 800-864-8331
Spirit Airlines: 801-401-2222