The highest priority of the Central West Virginia Regional Airport Authority is the health and safety of all who travel through and work at our airport facilities. We’ve made changes to help ensure a safe and enjoyable journey. We’ll be here when you’re ready to travel.
Yeager Airport (CRW) continues to sanitize and disinfect high traffic areas at the airport multiple times daily. Acrylic shields have been installed at the ticket counters and restaurants. To assist our guests with social distancing, stickers have been placed around the facility to remind everyone to stay 6 feet apart.
Federal Mask Mandate
Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry.
Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
The State of West Virginia
The Governor of West Virginia has mandated a statewide indoor face-covering requirement, which includes the airport. Read the full ordinance here.
Airlines Require Face Coverings
All Airlines at CRW are requiring face coverings. Please check with your airline for additional information:
- American Airlines: 800-433-7300
- Delta Air Lines: 800-455-2720
- United Airlines: 800-864-8331
- Spirit Airlines: 801-401-2222
Federal Government Launches FlyHealthy.gov
The U.S. Departments of Transportation (DOT), Health and Human Services (HHS), Homeland Security (DHS), and State announced the establishment of a new web portal, FlyHealthy.gov, where airline passengers can receive updated information on how to ensure a safe and healthy travel experience.
Domestic Travel During COVID-19
- Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19.
- People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States:
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine
- Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely including:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
- Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
International Travel During COVID-19
Updated Information for Travelers
Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19. CDC recommends delaying international travel until you are fully vaccinated.
If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine:
- You should continue to follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely and get tested 3-5 days after travel.
- You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the United States unless your destination requires it.
- You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.