Whether you’re a fan of the song or not, Mr. Denver got it right: West Virginia is a beautiful place. With around 96% of hard working Americans believing that vacation time is important, West Virginia has a little something for everybody. We’re not sure who the other 4% of those people are, but we doubt they’ve seen the sprawling forested parks, charming historic towns, or bustling cities this splendid state has to offer. Here are three reasons to find a flight, book a hotel, and take a trip down to visit.
- Nature Lovers Rejoice! West Virginia boasts six national parks, stunning Allegheny Mountain views and locations, and dozens of state-owned parks. Ranging from strictly scenic to historically relevant, you’ll never run out of eye-opening, awe-inspiring experiences. Master the whitewater rapids on Gauley River, or spend the day doing almost anything — hiking, fishing, even rock climbing! — in Monongahela National Forest. For more information about the natural splendor wild, wonderful, West Virginia has to offer, check out: https://wvtourism.com
- History Surrounds You. West Virginia’s heritage is unique in United States history as it is the only state to have been split in half by the Confederate secession. The Civil War was so politically polarizing in the state of Virginia that, after delegates from the western side voted against seceding from the nation, a conference was held in Wheeling to determine the foundation of a new state of their own. You can visit the Wheeling National Heritage Area to see the birthplace of West Virginia and learn more about its past. History can be wild and wonderful, too. Discover West Virginia’s lively past on your next trip. From battlefields to heritage museums, WV is a must for history buffs.
- Entertainment Everywhere! What’s a vacation without a night out? With so many hotels situated downtown, (whether you’re in Charleston, Huntington, or Morgantown) you’ll be able to enjoy fine dining, lively casinos, and plenty of fun spots for a drink — and maybe a dance! If you’re lucky enough to be here during one of the many events, fairs or festivals, from peach and blackberry festivals to the annual Rod Run & Doo Wop, or the 2018 Salute to Our Veterans and First Responders Air Show at Yeager Airport (October 13th and 14th), you’ll be sure to experience a vacation to remember. Check out the many places to stay, play and dine in Charleston here: http://charlestonwv.com/default.aspx
So, what are you waiting for? Book your hotel today and #flyCRW. Heaven awaits you on West Virginia’s country roads.